Thursday, September 22, 2005

Chevelle Fun

Its been a few weeks since the last post.

I have for the past month found a renewed interest in working on my 69 Chevelle convertible. It is my "project car". Its about a 3 out of a 10 to be honest. But its fun to work on. Over the past couple weeks I've been getting it up to running condition. I.E. new oil, filter, anti-freeze and new brake light bulbs etc...

Mind you I said "PROJECT" it does not have a top to it just the frame to the top. I'm even waiting for a rear seat for the car. LOL I keep it under a white tarp that needs to be replaced. The weather has put a hole in it so I will be making a stop to Home Depot soon before all the bad weather starts setting in to purchase a new tarp.

So last week I took it for a test drive on the back streets around my home. I go about 3 miles in a square through the back streets and i get back on my street and decide to pass my house and go around the block one more time... BAD MOVE!!!!! I get to the hill and apply the breaks going down the hill only to notice I DON'T have any breaks this time. I mash on the emergency break and after almost bending the steering wheel to get leverage to push on the emergency break I find ITS RUSTED!!! But the last push i give it, it decided to work for me. I stop about 15 feet from the bumper of a Yellow VW bug stopped at the light at the corner of my block. I wave people on that were behind me.

After 5 minutes of contemplating the way I will make it home I decided to turn around and limp home and thank GOD I made it safely. My buddy stops by while he was out on his bike and helps me find the leak. It was the break line on the drivers side rear that sprung a leak. I have the replacement line that I will need to cut and bend when he gets the chance to stop by again with his bender and cutter. So until I can get under there and replace the break line it sits in the driveway.

I can't wait until GerberaDaisy's and my house is built...Hopefully by next July. I will have a brand new garage to work on the chevelle. My g/f Gerbera told me she will buy me a cot so when I piss her off I have somewhere to sleep. I told her good show ole girl good show! Little does she know that I will enjoy sleeping in the garage but only if its in the summertime. I'd put the AM radio on and listen to some old time music. I like 30's and 40's type big band music. Well this has been a long one. Have a good Friday everyone.

Remember everyday is a present. Be smart enough to realize it and enjoy it cuz tomorrow is never guaranteed. Life is sweet.

5 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

You're lucky you live up north if you like to work on cars. Here in Texas you have to seriously, seriously LOVE cars to hang out in the steaming hot garage and tinker with them. If you lived in TX, you'd take up an indoor hobby like knitting.

28 September, 2005 17:58  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I am pleased that you arrived home safey and have such a great buddy! All that matters to me about a car is the colour!

"Hang on in there old boy" with the house :)

(Btw, thanks for your great comments very much appreciated :))

02 October, 2005 05:52  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the nipples!!

20 October, 2005 15:48  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Hey there!
Thanks for checkin' out my last HNT post, even if ya were late! :)

I hope you'll keep comin' by!

08 November, 2005 13:31  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Update please :)

13 November, 2005 06:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home